News from Buckinghamshire Council
Published: 30 September 2020
Buckinghamshire Council's nine household recycling centres switch to winter opening hours this Thursday, 1 October. That's 9am to 4pm.
Bill Chapple OBE, Buckinghamshire Council's Cabinet Member for Environment & Climate Change, said:
"Despite the additional safety precautions that are in place due to coronavirus, Buckinghamshire's household recycling centres continue to offer a comprehensive service for residents with the usual opening hours. The switch to winter hours - 9am to 4pm - happens every year on 1 October as the sites get quieter and the evenings get darker."
Days on which the sites are open does not change:
• Amersham, Aston Clinton, Beaconsfield, Buckingham, High Wycombe and Langley are open every day.
• Aylesbury (Rabans Lane), Burnham and Chesham close on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Additional rules continue to apply to keep everyone as safe as possible during coronavirus:
• Only visit if you cannot use another disposal method such as the kerbside service.
• Bring proof of address. Only residents who pay council tax to Buckinghamshire Council can use the sites. Slough Borough Council residents are able to use Langley and Burnham sites only.
• Please don't arrive before the sites open.
• Remember social distancing measures are now in place, this also means no assistance for unloading can be provided.
• Only allow one person out of the vehicle whilst on site.
• Come back another time if the site is busy. Long queues can cause traffic and block access to homes and businesses.